Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a National Programme implemented by the Ministry for attraction of talent amongst students to study science and pursue career with research.
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitements of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
INSPIRE Programme covers students in the age group 10-32 years, and has five components:
1. INSPIRE Award (for 10-15 age group),
2. INSPIRE Internship at a science camp with opportunity for interaction with global science leaders (for 16-17 age group),
3. INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) @ Rs 80000/ per year for continuing education at B.Sc. and M.Sc. levels (for 17-22 age group),
4. INSPIRE Fellowship for doctoral research (for 22-27 age group) and
5. INSPIRE faculty for assured career opportunity (for 27-32 age group)
Under the INSPIRE Award Scheme, large number of nominations, running into lakhs, have to be processed for selection of the students for INSPIRE Award.
DLEPC: District Level Exhibition and Project Competition,
SLEPC: State Level Exhibition and Project Competition,
NLEPC: National Level Exhibition and Project Competition